Supporters Storm Seattle on May 14
Link to buy tickets/seats on the bus! http://www.eventbrite.com/e/rose-city-riveters-space-needle-away-1-tickets-24212359820
We are mere hours away from seeing our club in action for the first time this year! Your Riveters Travel Team has been hard at work sorting out logistics for our away dates, and are excited to announce that we will again be sending two buses up to Memorial Stadium in Seattle on May 14! After our season opener, the Thorns have four consecutive matches on the road. Away at Seattle will be last of the four, and is our first opportunity to send a big block of supporters up north this year. It is important to reserve these early, as we have limited space on the bus and limited tickets in our current allocation. It also helps us with knowing names and numbers as early as possible.
The Riveters have purchased 100 Lower Grand tickets (we should be right next to the pitch, which means no more hiking up to the top of Memorial Stadium) for the match from the Reign. Normally, these tickets are $25 each, but with the group discount, it is $15 each. Here are the details for our group ticket order opportunities:
- NO GLASS ALLOWED ON THE BUS. While we are allowed to bring food and drink (adult beverages are way okay), you are not allowed to have glass containers. Please plan accordingly.
- NO #2 ON THE BUS! The bathroom on the bus has a very small storage tank! We will be stopping at a rest stop about 1/2 way through the drive. Or, about 90 minutes in.
- There are no age restrictions in the Riveters or on our buses. If you’re a party of 1, coming with friends, or want to make it a trip for the whole family, please join us!
- Memorial Stadium allows flags, banners and 2-sticks. Please leave all noisemakers at home, though. Those will not be allowed into Memorial Stadium.
- Bring food and drink. Keep glass at home. Clean up after yourself. Keep an eye on each other. We all want to have fun.
- 1pm – Bus departs from the Oregon Convention Center (NE Holladay St between NE 2nd and MLK)
- 5pm – Bus arrives at Memorial Stadium under the Space Needle. The Riveters will be escorted into the stadium (and out, after the match).
- 7pm – Kickoff of match.
- 1am – Bus arrives back at Oregon Convention Center to drop road warriors off.
If you have any questions or concerns, we would be happy to address them in the comments under this post. Come join us in Seattle!
UPDATE!!! We have received donations from Lompoc Brewing and 2 Towns Cider for the buses. We are still finalizing exactly what pours will be made on the bus (depends on availability, so requests don’t really fly). Please be sure to thank them if you will be frequenting their establishments!! Also, thank Hilda at Bazi this weekend because she was a huge part of making this happen!!